Count your carbs — and count on managing your diabetes
Living with diabetes doesn’t have to mean giving up all of your favorite foods. Carbs from healthy foods boost nutrition and supply essential fuel for your brain and body. Counting carbs is integral to managing diabetes because your carb choices, portion sizes, and meal timing directly impact blood glucose levels. Diabetes & Carb Counting For Dummies provides essential information on how to strike a balance between carb intake, exercise, and diabetes medications while making healthy food choices. — Covering the latest information on why carb counting is important for Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes, this book provides the tools you need to best manage your diet and your diabetes.
Nearly one in 11 people in the United States have diabetes and one out of every 3 adults have prediabetes (blood glucose levels above normal ranges). Diabetes rates are skyrocketing worldwide. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed — or is teetering on the edge of diagnosis — you’ll find all the safe, trusted guidance you need to better manage your health through improving your nutrition and managing your carb intake.
- Discover how what you eat affects diabetes
- Explore the importance of carbs in nutrition and health
- Get the facts when it comes to fiber, fats, sweeteners, and alcohol.
- Decipher food labels and discover how to count carbs in bulk, fresh, and restaurant foods
- Manage your diabetes and reduce other diet-related health risks
- Improve blood glucose levels
- Sample meal plans in controlled carb count ranges
- Food composition lists for counting carbs and identifying best bet proteins and fats
If you’re one of the millions of people with diabetes or prediabetes in search of an accessible resource to help you portion and count carbs to better manage this disease, this is the go-to guide you’ll turn to again and again because when it comes to diabetes — carbohydrates count.